The 2nd edition of the ‘Show Off Your Forest” photography competition, organized by FOREST EUROPE, comes to its end with the announcement of its winners.
Almost 3,000 photos were submitted for the contest, from 43 countries, most of them from the pan-European region. Almost 3,400 people participated in this edition, voting and/or submitting their photographs. The high quality of the photographs received made it a really tight competition. The images submitted to the contest form a big collage, which shows the importance of these ecosystems, the protective functions they provide and their need for protection.
… And here are the winners!
CATEGORY: PHOTOGRAPHS TAKEN WITH DIGITAL CAMERAS
- 1st prize: Vittorio Ricci (Italy)
- 2nd prize: Ceri Jones (United Kingdom)
- Runner up: Rolf Segerstedt (Suede)
CATEGORY: PHOTOGRAPHS TAKEN WITH MOBILE DEVICES (PHONES OR TABLETS)
- 1st prize: Amanda Szabó (Hungary)
- 2nd prize: Alessia Margheritini (Italy)
- Runner up: Johana Amnelin (Finland)
- Simon Clare (United Kingdom)
- Sabrina Ardore (Italy)
- Rimas Leleklas (Lithuania)
- Alessandra Plaitano (Italy)
- Isabel Fernández Arroyo (Spain)
Congratulations to the winners and thank you to all the contestants and voters for your participation!